Motorcycle news, jokes, music, and articles from Central Florida and the world.

Add URL Pro - Search Engine Submission and Optimization Services

Friday, February 29, 2008

Fwd: FW: Serious - VIN # - Must Read

Here is information worth the price of your car
... WHAT WILL the car thieves THINK OF NEXT?
The car thieves peer through the wind shield of
your car or truck; write down the VIN # from the
label on the dash, go to the local car dealership
and request a duplicate key, based on the VIN #.

I didn't believe this e-mail, so I called Chrysler-Dodge
and pretended I had lost my keys. They told me to
just bring in the VIN # and they would cut me one
on the spot, and that I could order the keyless device
if I wanted to.

The Car Dealer's Parts Department will make a
duplicate key from the VIN #, and collect payment
from the thief who will return to your ca r. He
doesn't have to break in, do any damage to the
vehicle, or draw attention to himself. All he has to
do is walk up to your car, insert the key and off he goes
to a local Chop Shop with your vehicle. You don't
believe it? It IS that easy.

To avoid this from happening to you, simply put
some tape (electrical tape, duct tape or medical tape)
across the VIN Metal Label located on the dash board.
By law, you cannot remove the VIN, but you CAN cover it
so it can't be viewed through the windshield by a car thief.
I urge you to forward this to your friends before
some other car thief steals another car or truck.
I slipped a 3 x 5 card over my VIN NUMBER.

PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND
FRIENDS ..


________________________________

No comments:

Photos sent in

Hello Grandpa Harley,
I've been using Pageflakes, the easy and fun way to personalize the Internet and make it yours. I've personalized it with a feature that shows me great new photos, which is where I found this one.

Your own personal Pageflakes page can include news, weather, sports, entertainment, events, photos, videos, music and e-mail., and just about anything else you do on the web - all in one place.

It's quick and free, so give it a try at www.pageflakes.com
I'll see you soon on Pageflakes!

White fox1

Interesting Content

News-Blogs-Podcasts-Videos

Slideshow

Motorcycle

Digg

Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.

Tags